Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I do as I am told... This is Nick :D

Apparently I need to set better goals for myself and actually have them written where I can see them relatively easy...haha...Victoria is awesome for making me write out my goals for the future months. I love her so much!

Spiritual 
I have been really lax lately with regards to fulfilling my commitment to the gospel, and I am sure that there are several factors that contribute. But aside from that fact, I am setting a goal to at least read my scriptures in the morning when I get up. I am hoping that it will help me become more apt to wake up in the morning for work. 
I have been pretty good about getting my tithing out of my paycheck before anything, but I need to work better on the fast offering. I believe it will help to figure out some of the finances we have.
Goals: At least read 1 chapter of scripture daily.
          Donate fast offerings and keep paying tithing.

Kids
It is always an exciting time when the kids come running to daddy when I get home or pick them up from daycare. I want the kids to do that forever. The hard part is getting them to want daddy anytime. They are home with mommy while I am working and have her to cuddle with and play with. I don't have the time I want to spend with them and be their daddy. I want them to be able to come to me with problems when they are older. I want them to trust me.
Goal: Spend quality time with the kids, even if it is just a half and hour or something.    

Wife
I am making a self-commitment to spend some time with Victoria, whether it is a date alone or just being with her and the kids. So far, I feel like I have been doing good at taking her on dates, I just hope that my imperfections will be overlooked. 
I have several ideas for our anniversary, and I even asked a month in advance for it off from work. The only downside to any of my plans is that we have school the next day, so we can't do anything long distance until two weeks later during our break. 
Goal: Spend more one on one time with Victoria

School
Haha! This is a good one! I frankly have put school as a lesser priority to work and my family a-so I can provide for them, and b-so I can try to build a strong family. I only have school and work on the same day on Wednesdays and I am really beat when I get home sometimes, so I rarely study that day. Every other day, the only excuse I have for not studying is no motivation or desire or no time. Time to study is an important thing though, especially now that we have a test almost every week in Anatomy. I just hope that the final wont kick my butt in the end. 
On a side note, the testing days for Anatomy got moved from Friday and Monday to Monday and Wednesday, which is really inconvenient for me since I work Wed evenings and have class until noon on Wednesday. That leaves only Monday to take the tests. Normally, Monday wouldn't be that bad, but it seems that every test from here on out is going to be on the Monday after I work a 4 day weekend, which wears me out. Proof is in my recent test score and the comments the testing center supervisor gave to me: "I am concerned about you. You've fallen asleep in two tests now. Are you getting enough sleep? We have resources to help you." Something along those lines. I understand the concern, but I have to work to pay our bills and support my family. We cannot live off government help, and I would prefer to work and build up my body to the stress that is in the months to come. 
Goals: Better study habits. At least an hour every night.
          Pass Anatomy.
          Find a way to stay awake.

Health & Nutrition
Definitely slacking in this area of my life. I haven't been to the gym for a few weeks, and sometimes I just don't want to eat anything or eat everything. I think I just need to get my body back in balance and get my metabolism back into motion like it was in high school. I consider myself average health, slightly less healthy than I should be. However, we-meaning Victoria had the brilliant idea-to start a new carb-free meal plan. It's not hard to find food, it's the motivation to keep eating it and finding different ways to cook chicken...haha!
Goals: Stay on track with Victoria and resist the urge to unhealthy snacks.
          Eat healthy, no fast food or restaurants-except special occasion) 



No comments:

Post a Comment