Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"When something goes bad, turn it around and find something good"

I think the title says it all. Thank you Daniel the Tiger. Allie and Axton love this show... and I of course watch it with them!!!!  Daniel told us that if there is something that goes wrong or a way you dont want... you need to find something that is good about it. Also, I have a class called laughter yoga. I accidentally signed up for this class, but figured that I would try it out. The teacher taught me to find happy thoughts about everything.... That was also our homework assignment.

Now, why am I grateful for these two lessons? Let me explain the life of a mom.... and all of these things came just today!!! Between 6 am to 10 am.... Yeah... just four short hours....

The children have been doing SOOOO GOOD at sleeping in! They have been sleeping till 8:30 or even 9:00. However since June 21 (Summer) the light change has thrown off the kids sleeping schedule... meaning now they are up at 5:30 and totally awake by 6:00. *Sigh* I am so fricken tired!!! Ha ha!!!

So, lets start on what went bad. Nick and I  were up pretty late talking and doing homework. I ended up falling asleep by aroung 2:00 in the morning and Allie and Axton were up by 5:30 again. When I went and got them from their room... it was TRASHED! And they smelled so bad! I knew I needed to change them, but I was having an asthma attack and could not even speak! It was bad! I got the kids down stairs, and I changed them. They both exploded! Their PJ's were soaked. Then while the kids were playing, I took a breathing treatment. They had, during that time, 5 sippy cups of juice per child!!!! I figured that was fine. While I was doing Allies hair, Axton played with my Nebulizer. I got the kids in their chairs and fed them breakfast. Axton threw his bowl of milk on the floor. Allie refused to eat. While I was filming the vlog, I heard trickling. Somehow, Axton's diaper exploded (and he STUNK!!) and he peed through the chair... Not even sure how. It was bad. Got the kids in bed, and then came down to clean. Turned out Axton exploded on my nebulizer machine.... There was poop all over it! Oh and when we came down the first time, Allie and Axton opened my Tums and ate them all!

That was all just this morning. People could say after having that much happen to them, that they had such a bad day!!!! Possibly even the worst day they have had in a while.Now, challenge accepted: make it all a positive spin!

So, here it is! The kids woke up early enough for me to get the day started off right! They woke up early which meant that we were ahead of schedule. I will have time to do my homework later tonight because the kids will sleep right at seven or close to that time. Allie and Axton got their full Calcium in today because they ate TONS of Tums today. They will have very strong bones. The kids love playing with each other, so they chose to wake early and spend time with each other. Their bowels work and they pooped! It was great! They have been constipated before, and I always feel so bad. I could not breathe very well, but they walked down the stairs them selves and  laid down (voluntarily!!!) so I could change them. Their jammies were peed all over, which was a good thing, because sometimes they spend the day in their jammies. So I was forced to have them up and running for the day. Allie and Axton continued to play together so I could  have  a breathing treatment. Once I was done with that, Allie sat SO still so I could do her hair. She loves it when I do her hair. I was blessed with a daughter who loved to get her hair done and who has AMAZING HAIR! During the time of my breathing treatment, the kids drank 5 sippy cups each of juice! I was so proud of them. They were very hydrated! I put the kids up for breakfast, I love that the kids can feed themselves, and that they can also tell me what they want to eat. Axton exploded his diaper all over the high chair, but doing so, I was able to deep clean the chair. So it is super clean now! we went to clean the kids room, and they helped me. They were so good at it and sang "Clean up clean up!" the whole time. I love them! Axton fell asleep fast, and Allie went down super easy as well. I came down to clean, and it turned out Axton pooped on my nebulizer machine. I had never cleaned it or maintained it and I have had it for 3 years. So I had the opportunity to make sure everything was okay and working great. And it is VERY clean as well! Also, now my house is clean because the kids peed and pooped every where and spilled food, juice, and milk.

There it is guys! I am happy to have kids that LOVE each other. They can easily say that they are each other's best friends. Also, I have a clean house because they play so much! So they sleep so much as well.

Are you guys sick of my challenges??? I hope not! My challenge to you is to find the best stuff out of the crappy things that happen to you. Today is your day. You have the opportunity to complain and focus on all the bad stuff that happened to you... Or you can find the good in it all! Yeah, mine may have been dramatic, but guess what??? I happen to be a drama queen, and my husband loves me for the way I am!

Thanks for reading!!!

XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment